WE are programmers !!!

By Dede Pourahmadi on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 in News. 22 Comments

Children had the opportunity to have a hands on programming and engineering workshop lead by a STEM specialist using the Lego software. They were taught how to make a fairground with a motor which turned the carousel using a gear combination. In teams, they   had to use accurate engineering skills to build a car with lights out of Lego. Then they wrote algorithms to control their fairground, improved the carousel with their own creative Lego designs and added programmable lights! This also gave them the opportunity to demonstrate some of their knowledge of forces and motion they newly acquired and some of their wonderful communication, cooperation, creativity and resilience.

• Summayyah 5m says:

I really liked it when we did computing it was fun and helped us develop our skills ,it was fun working with my partner and using the computer to program our lego rides. We enjoyed taking it in turns to do the steps to program the ride . I learnt lots and hope we can do it again or we could have a computing club inshaallah!!!

• Umar says:

This topic was fun and interesting and i couldn’t wait to start building with my partner. We used our imagination to create something unusual and unique however the entire experience was exciting at the same time.I wish I could do this every single day.

• Mariyah5m says:

I had fun during our programming lesson .It was a new experience for me.I love learning fun things.oncei got the hang of it I couldn’t stop talking about it I had so much fun.

• Daawuud says:

It was amazing first how small things and a program makes an amazing robot although it was a car it was still a machine each piece makes it look better and better.The software was amazing but it was like scratch but a bit harder to understand each block or piece whatever it was called but main thing is that everyone had fun,sadly not everyone could participate and some people felt kind of annoyed.

• Iqra 5M says:

I enjoyed the activity very much.
    I wish we could have it as after school clubs. I would like to have this activity
    again!!!!!!!!
    The programming was fun especially when we made the motor change colour.
    I liked making the merry go ride go at different speeds.

• Aisha.S 5M says:

I loved participating in the programming and engineering workshop.In
    the workshop I had the opportunity to show my building skills and I had a great time sharing and having fun with my partner. Thank you for giving me this fantastic experience !!!

• Hassan 5M says:

Today I’ad a greater time then anyone which I like it very much.I did find it difficult but my friend helps me out with I went to say thankyou for for helping me.Also my best part was when you build it up and I really enjoyed it. And I went to do it again!. I also went to say thankyou for letting me be a part of it thankyou very much!!!.

• Sylvia Fry says:

What a wonderful opportunity you all had!
    How many of you now want to be engineers?

• Summayyah 5m says:

I think there need to be more girl engineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who agrees ????

• Moiz says:

I really loved computing and I wish we do it again it was so fun and first I thought Lego was boring but now I think Lego is cool thanks to you Teachers you lot made us do it and it was so exiting

• Moiz says:

It was a very awesome time wasn’t it
    I just wish it comes back because it was just so fun

• Deen says:

This test in 5m was a bit easy and some was a bit hard to do

• Ezzah 5M says:

I really enjoyed it. I wish we could do it again. It was fun because we got to show our creative skills.I learnt lots and hope we could do it again.This topic was fun and intresting and i couldn’t wait to start building with my partner.It was a bit challenging at first but when i got familliar with everything it was a piece of cake.
    I hope the whole school gets to expericence it.
    After this activity now i want to become an engineering.
    I wish we could have this activity every month
    INSHALLAH!!!!!

• Ezzah 5M says:

I really enjoyed it. I wish we could do it again. It was fun because we got to show our creative skills.I learnt lots and hope we could do it again..It was a bit challenging at first but when i got familliar with everything it was a piece of cake.
    I hope the whole school gets to expericence it.
    After this activity now i want to become an engineering.
    I wish we could have this activity every month
    INSHALLAH!!!!!

• Tayabah.Bibi 5L says:

I really enjoyed programing I recommend we should have this again.I love how we got to create an merry go round great idea and I love how we got to use the tablet to make the merry go round for example how we maked it go round or put a tune on it.It was challenging when we had to follow the instructions because some were really hard but thankfully we got through the challenging steps.thank you for that day because Im not that good at programming but this helped me improve.Jasakallah khair keep the good work.

• Rahya 5k says:

I liked it when they started spinning it was a really great experience and I learnt so much it was a fun lesson I wish it was always

• Rahya 5k says:

It was a great experience and a great lesson it also helped developing my skills

• Rahya 5k says:

making the carasole was more fun and better than the car

• Rahya 5k says:

it was the BEST LESSON EVER!!!!!!!!

• Rahya 5k says:

it was so helpful with my engineering skills

• Khadijah 5L says:

It was the best lesson ever.We should have an after school club.I enjoyed it when we created a merry go round

• Ibrahim 5m says:

i really liked when we programmed the Lego car to move.I also enjoyed making the car.I wish we could do it longer!!!!!!