We are roller coasters designers !

By Dede Pourahmadi on Thursday, October 5, 2017 in News. 28 Comments

As soon as year 5 pupils understood the basic physics concepts that are applicable to everyday items , including potential energy and kinetic energy, they were ready to find out about marble roller coaster day !

In teams, all pupils applied their understanding of those concepts as they constructed their roller coaster. Through a cycle of building, testing, observing and revision, students gained a practical understanding of fundamental physics concepts and the basics of successful roller coaster construction.

Every pupil benefited from a wonderful opportunity to have an “unstructured” science/ design technology lesson to hone team building skills as they communicated with their peers.

Well done year 5! I was super impressed with how you applied your newly acquired science knowledge and your wonderful cooperative and creative skills!