Year 5 ENABLING ENTERPRISE TRIP TO BIRMINGHAM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

By Dede Pourahmadi on Friday, November 24, 2017 in News. 12 Comments

On Thursday 23rd of November, twenty-three lucky year 5 pupils were offered the opportunity to visit Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and take part in an Enabling Enterprise project : Marketing Moguls. They started by finding out the purpose of the Chamber of Commerce and then went on to interviewing some employees about what inspired them to work there, about their favourite part of their job, what they wanted to do when they were 10 and also what enabling enterprise skills they were using on a daily basis.They even has a go at demonstrating some professional introductions and shook hands before introducing themselves!

Following this, pupils worked in teams to complete a market research about each professional helper’s working chair before going on a tour of the chamber and finding out more about the features of their ideal product.

Using their imagination, teamwork skills, aiming high and problem solving skills, the newly branded named teams discussed the best features for their chair. They explored the different marketing distribution channels before deciding on their chosen one ( social media, billboard, flyers, email, TV, radio ).

Finally each team prepared and practised their pitches aloud as a team and prepared to answer questions from a panel of professionals from the Chamber of Commerce.

After this wonderful opportunity, I wouldn’t be surprise if more children want to be the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.

Big thank you to the team of helpers who gave up their time to assist our children with this experience. Here is what some of the helpers had to say :

” It’s great to see young people working together and being so creative and innovative in their thinking. To display and develop such core business skills at this stage is fantastic. A truly talented and positive bunch !” Charles

Enabling Entreprise is an excellent opportunity for us to engage with young people. The organisation develops their commercial awareness and business acumen in a really engaging, fun way. The children are always incredibly creative and ask intelligent, constructive questions. We love having them at the Chamber of commerce! “ Karen

• Shamir says:

I found this trip really fun in groups we designed a chair by asking the workers how they wanted they chair to be like we also made a presentation about it

• Daawuud says:

It was an amazing expirence and i was one of the lucky 23 people going on an enabling enterprise trip,only 8 from 5m and 6 were girls and 2 were boys the other classes both had 10 children going on the trip.The building was ginormous and trust me it was and epic tour, the funny thing was we had to design a “chair” as our product for our company’s our company was the”The Chair-ber of Commerce” and the chair was called “The Chairo-matic 3000!” I even made up a fake day just for it,black “Thursday” because it was Thursday.Special thanks to all the helpers to make this day fantastic,Charles,Karen and the others.All the activities were fun especially the presentation were we showed our creative and imaginative skills together but that one skill that shines the most was team-work.In the end we won!!! we got enterprise pencils,only 6 were given out those 6 was in my team although I’m not the team leader.

• Ezzah 5M says:

It was really fun when we got to design a chair for all the employees at the chamber of commerce.
    It was fun when we got to go around asking al the employees at the chamber asking them what they liked on there chair and what they wanted on there chair.
    I liked it when we had to present our poster to the employees.
    GO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE !!!

• Amnah 5M says:

It was such a great day it was so much fun and I cannot wait till we can go again the helpers helped us so much we learnt about the jobs in the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and designed a chair for all the employees there it was amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rahya5k says:

I hope you guys had a great experience it’s a shame I didn’t go

• Rahya5k says:

I hope you guys had a great experience it’s a shame I didn’t go and I hope you learnt lots of thing

• ifraah says:

the trip to chambers of commerce was very fun. we had to design a chair as a group and in my group was Affan, Nusaybah, Umar, Asiyah and Zainab.

THANKS TO THE TEACHERS WHO ORGANISED IT

• hebah ahmed 5l says:

I really enjoyed when we were creating a poster on our chair.It was really fun when we were asking
    the workers lots of questions about their chair and what they like about their chair. we also made a
    presentation about our chair.

IT WAS THE BEST TRIP I EVER WENT TO… HORRAY….

• Tayabah.Bibi 5L says:

I know I never went to the trip but it looked AMAZING. It was kinda funny how they had to make a chair. It looked like it was TOO MUCH FUN and a good education. Inshallah the people that never went go and see what e.e has to offer. Mashallah they had great ideas. it would be really nice if they give us all MORE trips.

• Deen Mohsin 5M says:

Well done to those people who went to enabling enterprise called the chamber of commerce. It looks like u all enjoyed ur selfs.

• Anisa says:

Chambers of commerce was a really fun trip. The people in my team was Nimrah , Hibah, Mariyah,
    Dawud, Ismael and me. I enjoyed working with my group and i wish to go on another enabling enterprise trip. What we had to do was design a chair for all the people that work in the building chambers of commerce which was over 100 people suprisinglly.Our chair name was THE CHAIROMATIC
    3000. Our chair name was THE CHAIRBARE OF COMMERCE. After a lot of hard work we finally finished the poster. The enabling enterprise skills our team used most was teamwork, problem solving, aiming high, sharing ideas, using imagination, staying positive, listening and understanding carefully, presenting and leadership which was Mariyah and Nimerah. But the most hardest one has got to be the challenge skills. We also had to present it to the judges and when we presented THE CHAIROMATIC 3000 we were all a bit quiet at first but then we got more louder and we also got more confident.
    At the end the winners would get golden top enabling enterprise which were never to be seen in the land. The winners were……………………………………. Team A my team. I was very shocked that we won and it was an amazing experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVED THE TRIP AND HOPEFULLY WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yahya badeed5L says:

I hope I can go next time ustada but it sounded like you were having fun