Year 5 ENABLING ENTERPRISE TRIP TO BIRMINGHAM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

By Dede Pourahmadi on Friday, November 24, 2017 in News. 12 Comments

On Thursday 23rd of November, twenty-three lucky year 5 pupils were offered the opportunity to visit Birmingham Chamber of Commerce and take part in an Enabling Enterprise project : Marketing Moguls. They started by finding out the purpose of the Chamber of Commerce and then went on to interviewing some employees about what inspired them to work there, about their favourite part of their job, what they wanted to do when they were 10 and also what enabling enterprise skills they were using on a daily basis.They even has a go at demonstrating some professional introductions and shook hands before introducing themselves!

Following this, pupils worked in teams to complete a market research about each professional helper’s working chair before going on a tour of the chamber and finding out more about the features of their ideal product.

Using their imagination, teamwork skills, aiming high and problem solving skills, the newly branded named teams discussed the best features for their chair. They explored the different marketing distribution channels before deciding on their chosen one ( social media, billboard, flyers, email, TV, radio ).

Finally each team prepared and practised their pitches aloud as a team and prepared to answer questions from a panel of professionals from the Chamber of Commerce.

After this wonderful opportunity, I wouldn’t be surprise if more children want to be the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. 

Big thank you to the team of helpers who gave up their time to assist our children with this experience. Here is what some of the helpers had to say :

” It’s great to see young people working together and being so creative and innovative in their thinking. To display and develop such core business skills at this stage is fantastic. A truly talented and positive bunch !” Charles

Enabling Entreprise is an excellent opportunity for us to engage with young people. The organisation develops their commercial awareness and business acumen in a really engaging, fun way. The children are always incredibly creative and ask intelligent, constructive questions. We love having them at the Chamber of commerce! “ Karen